SVG Europe Sports Broadcasting Fund was established to provide relief to sports production industry professionals who are unable to work due to illness, suffer an unexpected disaster like a house fire or flood, and more.
The Fund’s history goes back to 2012 when its sister organisation, the Sports Video Group, created a fund to offer financial support for industry professionals who find themselves in a difficult financial spot due to tragedies, illness, injury, or loss of life.
Our goal is simple: to be available as a “first responder” and to quickly help so that recipients can stretch their own cash reserves helping relieve some of the pressures related to financial challenges in these already stressful situations.
If you need to apply for aid please download and complete our aid application form (found here). We do not ask for intimate financial records but we do require an “Advocate Referee,” who can be a friend, colleague, mentor, employer or associate of the applicant, to sign off on and submit all applications with proper documentation (for example, copies of bills to paid).
- Applicants must have worked in the sports broadcasting production industry for one year.
- Immediate family members of those employed in the sports broadcasting field may be eligible for grants.
- Applicants must be a resident of one of these European countries see list.
**WHICH COUNTRIES DO WE ALLOW AS EUROPE**
- Grants typically do not exceed 2,000 Euros.
- Individuals may apply and receive not more than three (3) grants. Multiple gifts will be made only after all other resources are exhausted.
- All grants will paid directly to vendors, and must be used for those documented expense such as immediate medical expenses, rent/mortgage payments, clothing, funeral expenses etc.
- All grants will require documentation, invoices or receipts before being paid.
- Please note, the SVG Europe Sports Broadcasting Fund has been established to provide short-term assistance to those in need rather than long-term support.
- Multiple year pledges
- Debt reduction
- Legal fees
- Fundraising events/activities