Dalet Spearheads the Facility of the Future
Dalet Digital Media Systems is gearing up to showcase its latest future-proofing broadcast and media solutions at this year’s NAB Show. On trend with the demand for UHD content, brand new at the show will be the upcoming Dalet AmberFin 10.6, which introduces support for high-quality down-conversion from UHD to HD/SD in Dalet AmberFin Dark. Dalet Brio 3.1 will bring video over IP support, pioneering the facility of the future. The industry-leading Dalet Galaxy platform continues to foster collaboration in MAM-driven news, sports and production workflows, while the latest additions to the Dalet On-the-Go mobile app enhance remote and mobile collaboration.
In its 25th anniversary year, Dalet will also be highlighting its brand new, free education platform for media industry professionals, the Dalet Academy. Bringing exciting and impartial presentations live to the NAB stage, show attendees can engage face-to-face with Dalet’s industry insiders on the issues that matter to media professionals.
Attendees to NAB 2015, which will be held in Las Vegas from April 13-16, can see all the latest innovations firsthand and quiz Dalet’s team by visiting booth SL4525 in the South Lower Level Hall.
Dalet AmberFin Supports UHD
Dalet AmberFin is the high-quality, scalable transcoding platform with fully integrated ingest, mastering, QC and review functionality.
- Key to the new version 10.6, which will be released in March 2015 and shown for the first time at NAB, is support for high-quality down-conversion from UHD to HD/SD in the scalable and fault-tolerant transcoding tool Dalet AmberFin Dark. This will enable broadcasters to create and archive high-resolution UHD masters while maintaining high-quality outputs through their traditional and OTT broadcast platforms.
Dalet Brio Supports Video Over IP
Spearheading the charge into the facility of the future, Dalet Brio is the flexible, high-density, high-performance broadcast server based on IT-hardware.
- Dalet Brio version 3.1, which will be shown at NAB and made available to customers in May 2015, will bring video over IP support to the platform. Already unique among available server architectures, Dalet Brio combines both IT-based video server and a set of workflow tools that make it extremely easy to integrate into SDI environments and now into IP environments. This will give operators the ultimate in flexibility, channel resilience and interoperability.
Dalet Expands MAM-driven Workflow Collaboration
Dalet Galaxy is the enterprise MAM platform that facilitates powerful collaboration and business visibility in news, sports, program preparation, production and archives workflows. New and enhanced capabilities and technologies shown at NAB 2015 include:
- Dalet WishBin, a new module that enables users to collect, use and share all types of assets across desktop and web clients.
- Dalet On-the-Go, the mobile app that extends the remote capabilities of Dalet users, now benefits from seamless integration with social media, making it even easier to share content with colleagues and end users.
- Advanced new captioning tools for Dalet On-the-Go ensure accessibility to published content.
Boost Your Workflow Knowledge
Following the successful online launch of the free, impartial educational program for media industry professionals, Dalet Academy, NAB will see a number of educational events hosted on the Dalet booth. These include brand new editions of “Bruce’s Shorts Live,” presented by Dalet’s Chief Media Scientist Bruce Devlin, along with educational sessions and workshops from Dalet Academy experts and technology partners such as Adobe and Quantum.
The Dalet NAB Main Theater will also host a wide range of presentations on the latest technology offerings and innovative installations from workflow experts and technology partners. The full program listing will be published in March.
Dalet Turns 25!
2015 marks Dalet’s 25th anniversary. To celebrate the major milestone, Dalet is welcoming all attendees to drop by the booth for engaging keynote presentations and toast to the next quarter century of innovation. Stay tuned for more details!
Dalet Press Briefings at NAB 2015
Dalet experts will be presenting the latest tools and technologies on Monday (10:30am) and Wednesday (9:30am) mornings from the show floor. NAB press and attendees are invited to stop by and learn more while engaging with Dalet on these topics and other industry trends.