BVE Preview – Part Five
First off, the BVE press office’s round-up of new products and services to be launched at the show, which include the following:
- Canon will show its EOS C300 cameras, including PL Mount and EF Mount models, for the first time in the UK.
- JVC will launch the world’s first handheld 4K camcorder, the GY-HMQ10. The camera can capture, record and play video images at four times the resolution of high definition television.
- Pixel Power will show its integrated playout technology, ChannelMaster, for the first time in the UK.
- Eyeheight will launch the world’s first dual-channel stereoscopic 3D video legalizer.
- Camera Corps will present the UK launch of the Q-Ball Pre-Set compact remotely controlled pan/tilt/zoom HD/SD camera.
- The SIENNA Active Logging system will be shown publicly for the first time ever on the root6 stand . The Active Logging workflow delivers a real time mechanism fort ranslating fast turnaround events into edited, processed and encoded VoD streams in record time.
- Pyser SGI will present the first UK demonstrations of a range of TVLogic broadcast LCD monitors including the XVM-325W 32 inch 10 bit HD LCD Reference Monitor, and also the Fujinon Exceed Series cost-effective ENG XA20sx8.5BRM telephoto HD lens.
- And Aon will launch a brand new range of specialist media and entertainment insurance policies, offering essential peace of mind for producers.
Elsewhere, Aspera will be on the Root6 stand, where visitors can experience the company’s next-generation file sharing, content distribution and automation frameworks that leverage Aspera’s patented fasp transport platform for high-speed, secure global data delivery; including new options for mobile and cloud – and highly scalable data synchronization and replication over the WAN. Now with more than 1,300 enterprise customers worldwide, Aspera says that these solutions are redefining what can be achieved with large-scale file-based workflows in support of global content supply chains.
Oxygen DCT has seven new monitors and award winning monitoring innovations on show, which compliment and expand on the existing product range of own label Evolution Pro Series monitors and those from Penta, Astrodesign and Osee for whom Oxygen DCT is an exclusive distributor. There will be a 5” DSLR monitor, a new 18.5” multipurpose monitor, 17” production monitor, 24” and 47” 10 bit, reference monitors as well as an impressive monitor wall with 3D monitoring.
And, talking of monitors, you can also pop to the Dolby stand and see the PRM-4200 42” colour critical monitor in action. Already a multiple award winner, the Dolby Professional Reference Monitor was created to display true blacks, superb dark detail, and extended dynamic range, and it is setting new standards for colour critical work. It supports all HD formats over HD-SDI, along with SD and 2K content, and this combination makes the Dolby PRM-4200 the first viable CRT replacement solution for vital colour-critical work. For the first time, users see exactly what was shot, while it’s emulation versatility and wide range of colour gamuts add to its value in improving the production process.
Anton/Bauer will demonstrate its latest array of power solutions, including the MATRIX Cheese Plate and Gold Mount System, DIONIC HCX 120-watt-hour capacity battery, DIONIC HC 91-watt-hour capacity battery, CINE VCLX and several battery accessories.
AmberFin will showcase the latest developments in its iCR file-based content ingest and transcoding system on the stand of its UK channel partner ATG Broadcast. The latest version of iCR integrates Unified Quality Control (UQC) across all of its content ingest and transcoding operations. According to the company, working in a file-based environment, UQC enables easier and more effective decision making through a single timeline approach. Combining an automated process with a human touch, new levels of trust and confidence can be introduced to the file creation and distribution processes.
And Front Porch Digital has its complete DIVASilutions product line on display on the Boxer Systems stand, including LYNXsm, the company’s new integrated cloud-based environment for managing assets on a global scale, from any device and any location. LYNXdr is the first product in this new range and will cover long-term asset storage and disaster recovery, leveraging the implementation of DIVArchive and DIVAdirector® in the cloud in a SaaS model. The company is offering for the first time a hosted, managed implementation with no minimums and no maximums, so you only pay for what you use — which it says is redefining the cost and simplicity of asset management.