Envivio plans demo of multiscreen services, video compression technology
Envivio, a provider of live and on-demand multiscreen IP video processing and delivery solutions, will demonstrate advanced, personalized multiscreen services as well as video compression technology for HDTV and next-generation HEVC encoding at IBC . The company will also debut three new products.
Featured solutions on the Envivio stand will include:
- HEVC encoding with 50 percent bandwidth reduction at comparable quality to MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)
- Advanced MPEG-2 and H.264 pre-processing, encoding and statistical multiplexing for HD and SD TV
- MPEG-DASH encoding with common encryption
- A new 4Caster appliance offering increased density and a flexible design
- TV Anytime multi-screen highlights creation and time-shifted TV including Start Over, Catch-up, and network PVR capabilities on the Envivio Halo network media processor
- Personalized indexing for TV Anytime, a new approach to dynamic asset creation for the multi-screen environment that reduces storage costs and increases efficiency
- Product demonstrations, including the recently introduced Envivio Muse On-Demand version 3.50, which improves file-based transcoding speed by up to 35%.
Selected by more than 300 content and service providers around the world, Envivio offers a unique, flexible and converged approach to encoding, video processing, and management. The Envivio Muse family of encoding/transcoding software delivers high quality live and on-demand video to any screen—traditional TV sets, gaming systems and portable devices including iOS/Android tablets, smartphones, and PCs. Envivio Halo is an extremely flexible and powerful solution for a variety of multi-screen processing functions, including formatting, encryption, workflow management, targeted ad insertion, and HTTP origination/distribution.
Envivio is collaborating with a number of technology partners for various IBC demonstrations:
- Envivio Muse Live encoding on 4Caster encoders will be on display at the Adobe, Dolby, and NAGRA stands
- Akamai, AuthenTec, NexStreaming, NXP Software, Verimatrix and VisualOn are working with Envivio to provide encryption and players for the MPEG-DASH demonstrations at the Envivio stand
- Dolby audio experience demonstrations will be on the Envivio stand
- Netgem set-top boxes will be utilized for the Envivio TV Anytime applications
- Interra and VidCheck have integrated with Envivio Muse On-Demand and 4Balancer for quality control in file-based workflows
In recognition of Envivio’s technology innovation, the Envivio Muse iTV transcoder for broadcast and Internet TV applications has been shortlisted for the prestigious CSI Awards in the “Best Digital Video Processing” category.