EVS takes sport 360°
EVS plans to present its new Sport360° approach at IBC2011. Reflecting a challenging sports media environment with rights distribution partitioning, it’s an end to end system that will enable broadcasters to deliver dedicated content on multiple platforms such as TV, web, mobile phones, tablets or connected TV, to their respective viewing audiences.
Here’s what it encompasses:
- Enhanced live production with high-end replays, on the fly editing, new ultra motion control capabilities, overlay graphic analysis or 3D replay and super-motion operations
- Sports highlights and immediate media access and exchange with post-production
- Logging and statistics integration
- Mobile, web streaming and multi-channel delivery
- Second screen applications
- Sports archive management
The company will have plenty of other stuff on show too, such as its latest NLE systems integration that includes referenced proxy media exchange with Avid editors, new Final Cut pro plug-ins to facilitate job requests as well as file exchanges with EVS servers and storage, and a new V-Drive virtual file system for FCP editors.
Also really interesting is EVS’ CloudCast, a new solution designed to facilitate instant distribution of live broadcast content via dedicated web applications direct to home users. Using tablets, mobile devices or web interfaces, CCast works in conjunction with EVS’ live production applications allowing viewers to access key sequences, specifically edited packages or multi-angle camera shots.
SVG Europe saw a quick demo of this on an iPad at Wimbledon, and it is extremely cool. Watch out for it.