Match Analysis introduces new cloud-based video infographics platform for Tango Online
Some 12 years ago Silicon Valley-based Match Analysis launched Tango Online, its second system designed to revolutionise performance analysis in football. Tango Online is Match Analysis’ unique web portal to a wide array of statistical data that presents charts, timelines, rankings and infographics fully integrated with the corresponding streaming video.
With the advent of Tango Online, printed reports were replaced with 24/7 interactive access to a massive online database placing every match statistic, player and touch instantly at the fingertips of the entire coaching staff as well as the players themselves.
Revealing tendencies, strengths and weaknesses previously unavailable to help improve performance, Tango Online has become an invaluable tool to clubs. In 2015 alone, coaches and players at Match Analysis’ MLS clients’ accounted for over 450,000 page views in Tango Online.
This week the company rolls out Tango VIP, their new foundational technology platform for Match Analysis’s extensive online presence. The redesigned backbone provides a significantly enhanced experience, delivering lighting fast speed, greater mobile compatibility, and wide ranging OS support using the latest evolving online technologies.
“Tango Online is a fantastic resource for all our coaches and players. We take advantage of the statistics and video it delivers to help analySe and improve individual and collective performances,” said Chris Leitch, technical director at the San Jose Earthquakes. “The improvements Match Analysis made to Tango Online are tremendous. The increased speed and ability to access Tango Online using smartphones makes it an even better experience than we’d become accustomed to.”
Match Analysis’s latest development initiative involves several significant updates and features including:
– Support for all major browser and computer combinations including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows;
– New video player with upgraded functionality including greater playback control with the ability to rapidly move to any point within a video, fast forward, rewind, skip or jump from clip to clip and view in slow-mo, standard or high speed;
– Higher performance and faster page loads creating a more dynamic and interactive experience;
– Cloud based Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform upgrade provides high volume, high availability site hosting and infinite scale;
– Cloud based video built on Microsoft Azure’s state-of-the-art video delivery platform offers infinite scalability and enhanced reliability;
– HLS based video streaming enables video playback on all modern devices with dynamic video packaging allowing support for current transition to DASH based video streaming;
– Adaptive streaming supports auto-adjusting bandwidth to allow fast start, minimal buffering, video quality adjustment to maintain highest possible resolution, and more robust performance;
– High performance statistical caching for vastly improved page loads and interactivity;
– Re-encoded video library for recent years allowing playback in new player for thousands of existing matches;
– Updated Tango ToGo backend for higher performance and reliability video generation;
– Internationalisation support with user language preferences;
Match Analysis has consistently developed and introduced cutting edge products since Mark Brunkhart launched the company in 2000.
“Our philosophy has always been to provide game changing tools that put our clients at the forefront of technology to give them a competitive edge,” said Mark Brunkhart, president of Match Analysis. “Tango VIP is the foundation for the next 10 years of growth. We have a very talented team, and we have placed ourselves in a unique position to capitalise on our position in the marketplace and the exponential growth of this industry.”
“The new features and improvements with Tango VIP have made Tango Online much faster and easier to use, which in the midst of a busy schedule saves us valuable time,” said Ashley Wallace, head of performance analysis at Sporting Kansas City. “Tango Online has and will continue to be an invaluable tool for both coaches and players in maximising performance.”