Sky and Harmonic among 2015 TV Connect Award winners
TV Connect yesterday announced the winners of the 2015 TV Connect Awards. The award ceremony was held at the Gherkin in Central London, and celebrated the industry’s continued efforts to innovate and transform 4K, cloud TV, multiscreen, OTT, TV Everywhere, VoD and more.
Winners of the TV Connect Awards 2015 included market leading players and the best new emerging talent in the connected TV industry.
Joanna Jones, events director at event organiser Informa Telecoms and Media, commented: “On behalf of Informa and the judging panel, I would like to extend our warmest congratulations to the winners and all those who were nominated in the 11 categories. The breadth and depth of the entries received proves that great leaps continue to happen in the industry, transforming how video is created, consumed and interacted with. As video continues to transcend the traditional “living room” viewing model, it is inspiring to watch companies accelerate this process and create exciting, immersive and targeted experiences for consumers in every location and on every device.”
The 2015 TV Connect Award Winners are as follows:
· Best TV Experience Enhancement: iFeelSmart with Andromeda
· Best Multiscreen TV Service: Swisscom AG with Swisscom TV 2.0
· Best Multiscreen TV Solution: Huawei Technologies LLC with Huawei VideoEverywhere Solution
· Best Network Technology for IP TV & OTT TV: Harmonic with IP Video to All Screens Solution
· Best Service Delivery Platform for IP TV & OTT TV: SeaChange International with SeaChange Rave
· Best TV App: Screenz with Screenz Real Time Platform – for Rising Star
· Best TV Consumer Device: AirTies with Air4920
· Best TV Everywhere Service: Virgin Media with Virgin TV Anywhere
· Best Cloud or CDN Service Delivery: Akamai Technologies with Akamai Adaptive Media Delivery service
· Best Live Online TV Service or Solution: SKY Deutschland AG with Sky Online
· Best Component or Enabler: Marvell Technology Group Ltd with ARMADA 1500 PRO 4K