The Royal Wedding in numbers
- 2 billion – expected number of TV viewers
- 400 million – expected number of online viewers
- 1.2 – distance in km that the royal carriages will travel
- 8,000 – number of journalists and technical staff due to cover the event
- 140 – number of OB trucks in situ.
- 1000 – the estimated number of FX mics on the parade route.
- 200,000 – the reported value in pounds paid by each of NBC, ZDF and Network 7 for ITN’s wedding feed
- 850 – the number of BBC staff covering the wedding
- 10 – the number of hours of live coverage to be provided by ITV.
- 500 – the amount of satellite capacity in MHz being provided by SIS LIVE.
- 2 – the number of dimensions coverage will be provided in (Buckingham Palace decided that there wasn’t enough room for 3D rigs in the Abbey).
– Will Strauss