Sorenson Media Launches Squeeze 9
Sorenson Media has announced immediate availability of Sorenson Squeeze 9, which significantly improves the encoding workflow and optimizes multiscreen video encoding on the transcoding application.
Benefits of the newest version of Squeeze include HTML5 optimization; an enhanced, more intuitive streamlined user interface and optimized user experience; significant enhancements to video quality and speed; and improvements to the product’s unique review and approval functionality.
Squeeze 9 makes encoding video files for playback in HTML5 easy and intuitive. Users simply drag and drop a single HTML5 preset onto a source file, and Squeeze automatically creates two output renditions of the file — one in MP4, the other in WebM — along with an elegant coding of the video onto an HTML5 Web page, using the video tag. The two renditions enable seamless native-video playback in all major browsers, including Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
Squeeze 9 also provides substantial enhancements to the user interface (the first major UI update since version 6 in 2009), which work together to streamline the workflow interactions and processes within Squeeze. The UI improvements include:
- Overall design aesthetic enhancements, including a new color palette and simplified iconography
- Ability to more easily search for any item — including presets, filters, publishing options and notifications
- Improved publishing workflow — enabling the ability to preview content before publishing, and changing settings after encoding and republishing
- Enhanced batch window cleanup, with increased screen real estate for batch/watch folders and simplified navigation
- Video-preview window organized for the most simplified, intuitive task areas for viewing and editing source content
- Updated plug-in for Adobe Premiere CS6, providing seamless encoding from within the latest version of Premiere (and add-ons to plug-ins Squeeze already supports for every major professional non-linear–editing application, including those offered by Avid, Apple, and Sony).
Another major workflow improvement in Squeeze 9 is video stitching. This version enables users for the first time to add pre- or post-roll video to any primary video. This enables more-efficient workflows, especially with regard to appending ads of all types to source material passing through the encode phase of production.