NAB 2016: Deluxe Simplifies OTT Expansion to iOS Devices, Apple Platforms
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc.’s multi screen and Over-the-Top (OTT) delivery platform, Deluxe OnDemand, has expanded its content protection services to include complete support for FairPlay Streaming (FPS) technology with 32-bit encryption for iOS devices and Apple platforms. Deluxe will showcase this capability and more at NAB 2016 in Las Vegas, NV, in booth #SU4414.
Programmers and studios now have a complete solution for OTT expansion to the iPhone, iPad, and AppleTV that provides all the end-to-end components to prepare and stream content directly to consumers, with an open architecture that enables clients to integrate end-user applications customized to their specific requirements.
Deluxe OnDemand minimizes the investment and speeds the deployment of OTT services to enable content owners to tap the growing market opportunity for streaming media players (SMP), including AppleTV, Roku, and Chromecast. SNL Kagan forecasts the worldwide installed base for SMPs to exceed 67 million by 2019.
Benefits of the FairPlay Streaming integration with the Deluxe OnDemand OneWorkflow media management platform include:
- Scalable and reliable open architecture-based workflow for content acquisition, processing, and delivery
- Full support for FairPlay content encryption, license server hosting for secure key exchange and playback on iPhone, iPad, and AppleTV
- Easy API integration with existing back-office systems
- Front-end applications that can be customized to each client’s desired user experience
- Backed by 24×7 365 network operations, MPAA-security, and service level agreements
“OTT direct to consumers services are accelerating at a daunting pace,” says Brett Belinsky, President of Deluxe Delivery Operations. “For content owners looking to participate in the emerging world of AppleTV, the opportunity to increase revenue by reaching a new audience is real. Consumers demand to be in control of their media libraries. To address this need, Deluxe continuously invests in the technology and development to support all formats, so our clients can focus on delivering premium content, to any device, destination, and window, not on building and maintaining infrastructure.”