NAB 2016: Thinklogical Introduces Uncompressed CATx KVM Solution
Thinklogical, a global manufacturer of secure, high performance signal extension and switching systems for video-rich applications, had the U.S. debut of its new TLX Series CATx matrix switches and extenders at NAB Show 2016.
The new, uncompressed TLX CATx product line from Thinklogical includes video and KVM extenders and a range of matrix switches from 12 to 640 ports, and is priced to be highly competitive with compressed and IP-based KVM and video signal management solutions from other vendors.
With TLX, Thinklogical has leveraged its expertise in fiber-optic extension and switching to develop an innovative high-bandwidth (10Gbps) hybrid signal transmission architecture supporting both standard CATx copper network cabling and fiber. TLX CATx is fully compatible and interoperable with the TLX fiber-optic product line, offering users increased system flexibility in new and existing installations, and a scalable, future-proof upgrade path.
Creative professionals working in video-intensive broadcast control rooms or post-production applications such as editing, color grading, digital intermediate, and visual special effects can become easily fatigued and unproductive when working long hours on systems with the less-than-optimal image resolution quality and unreliable computer peripheral performance that comes from compressed or IP-based KVM signal management systems.
Thinklogical eliminates these issues by providing a 100 percent uncompressed signal path on either CATx or fiber cabling with low signal latency (microseconds, vs. milliseconds for compressed solutions), offering precise pixel-for-pixel transmission of 4K DCI/UHD resolution video (up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, 60Hz frame rate, 4:4:4 color depth) with no visual artifacts, jitter or lost frames, and instantaneous computer peripheral responsiveness. This increases user efficiency and productivity without compromising quality, resolution, reliability, or performance.
“Our new TLX CATx product line disrupts the KVM market by delivering the quality and exceptional performance of uncompressed [email protected] 4:4:4 video and computer peripheral extension at a price point that is highly competitive with lesser-quality KVM products using signal compression or IP connectivity,” says Joe Pajer, President and CEO of Thinklogical. “With TLX, content creation professionals in film, broadcast and post-production no longer need to compromise on productivity, performance and resolution quality due to budget or cost when working in application environments where fiber or CATx connectivity is required.”
TLX Series hybrid signal management products are available for order now from Thinklogical and authorized Thinklogical resellers.
TLX Series Product Features and Specifications:
TLX Hybrid Video and KVM Extenders
- Uncompressed signal extension of up to 80km over fiber, 100m over CAT6a
- DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 extenders
- Support for a single display up to 4096×2160 @ 30Hz over a single cable
- Support for a single display up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz over two cables
- Support for two displays up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz over four cables
- Supports HDCP content
- Local output port(s) on fiber modules
- Ethernet port for configuration, management and updates
- Support for full duplex stereo and embedded audio, with ability to de-embed at the receiver
- Support for unbalanced analog audio and serial RS-232
- Support for USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and USB HID
- Modular, hot-swappable form factor for fiber extenders
- Compact, surface mount chassis for CATx extenders
TLX Hybrid Matrix Switches
- Non-blocking and protocol agnostic
- Scalable chassis sizes from 12 ports to 640 ports
- Hot-swappable critical system components available: power supplies, fan trays, control cards, data input/output cards
- Redundant and current-sharing power supplies available
- Redundant control cards with automatic failover available
- Interoperable with Thinklogical’s 6.25Gbps Velocity series products
- Expected to achieve Common Criteria EAL4, TEMPEST SDIP 27 Level B and NATO NIAPC Evaluation Scheme: GREEN information assurance (IA) accreditations