Argosy inviting industry to Soho Technology Day
Argosy, a leading international supplier of broadcast cables and infrastructure products, is inviting the industry to its Technology Day 2017. The event will be held in The Glassblower pub in Soho, central London, on Monday 27 November from 12.00 to 18.00.
“We want to give our customers a chance to look in a bit more detail at the range of products we offer,” said Chris Smeeton, managing director of Argosy. “We are bringing our key partner companies together, in an informal atmosphere, where we can talk through the latest technology developments and solutions.”
Conveniently located in the heart of London’s post-production world, a handful of Argosy’s manufacturing partners will be on hand to demonstrate their products, discuss changes in the market and consult on specific projects. The following companies will be present:
- With the move to IP connectivity, Belden will be on hand to talk Cat5/Cat6 and structured cabling. Visitors will have the chance to try REVConnect, Belden’s new solution for fast termination of shielded and unshielded twisted pair ethernet cables.
- Ensemble Design has a range of video scalers and routers, designed as compact problem-solving solutions. Brighteye routers and SDI embedders will be among the products on show.
- IPE will show its range of power management solutions, including its intelligent MDUs and the IDS management platform.
- Leading developer of KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) over IP technology ATEN will demonstrate its latest developments which carry uncompromised 4K video over standard networks, developed with the broadcast industry in mind.
- Cliff Electronic Components will be exhibiting the FT series of true, feed through, data connectors for electrical instrumentation. These are perfect for developing custom I/O configurations for wall plates, rack panels, etc. All fitted within a standard XLR panel cut out and use common cabling for front and back connections.
“The day will be very informal, and there will be snacks and drinks available all day,” Smeeton added. “We hope as many as possible will drop in, take the time to see what is available to make projects run smoother, and talk through future projects.”
The Glassblower is at 40-42 Glasshouse Street, W1B 5JY, close to Regent Street and Piccadilly Circus. The Argosy Technology Day runs from 12.00 to 18.00 on Monday 27 November.