BVE returns to London ExCeL under the theme ‘Here to Create’
Broadcast, production and media technology event BVE will return to ExCeL London from 26-28 February with over 250 seminar speakers in the line-up.
“Every year, BVE provides a space for our community to unite and further advance the industry. With this year’s purpose of encouraging collaboration, the show will continue to facilitate knowledge-sharing and the formation of new partnerships. As the UK’s premier destination for working and aspiring filmmakers, cinematographers, DoPs, lighting supervisors and prosumers, we are the only event to champion British creative talent and to showcase the innovation and incredible work being done here in the UK across the entertainment and media industry,” said Sebastien Brasseur, head of marketing at BVE.
With over 300 brands, including the likes of HHB, Ross Video, Coemar and Microsoft, showcasing their latest products and solutions, visitors have the opportunity to discover, experiment and trade in the latest broadcast and production technologies. The year’s biggest trends in content creation, cloud, live IP, HDR, UHD, LED, AI and more will also be uncovered through an expert-led seminar programme.
Among the roster of over 250 speakers who will debate and analyse the trends defining the future of the industry are Google, Epic Games, Filmlight, DAZN and Industrial Light & Magic.
Production & Acquisition Excellence
Production and acquisition technology is the beating heart of BVE. With the industry’s growing capability to generate better quality content, BVE’s new hands-on zones and seminar programme provides visitors with the opportunities to test, experiment with and discuss the newest kit on the market while learning how to create a streamlined workflow and execution to deliver results.
New for this year, BVE brings experiential to the show floor in the form of two new zones:
- The Pro Video Zone, an all-new creative space dedicated to production and acquisition. From small-scale commercial productions through to broadcast and cinematic big budget films, the Pro Video Zone will bring together market-leading camera, lens, lighting, audio and production kit manufacturers, distributors, resellers and service providers, offering a unique environment to discover the latest professional video kit and technologies.
- The Pro Moviemaker Production Stage is a 150sqm live production set where visitors can have a hands-on experience of filmmaking techniques and skills, demos from leading pro video makers in a real-world environment. This full-scale on-set production facility will ensure visitors get to see the action close-up, as well as be able to view content through a live video stream.
Visitors can hear from a range of experts in two theatres focussing in on the art of capture and the business of production:
- The Cinematography and Lighting Theatre will showcase acquisition and production exhibitors alongside a full schedule of seminars, case studies and demos where visitors can learn from leading DoPs, Cinematographers and Lighting Directors as they share their knowledge on the latest in the craft of capture. Cinematographer Balazs Bolygo, BSC, HSC, and DoP Rupert Cobb will join this year’s speaker line-up to talk about their craft and give their experiences of shooting with Sony and Panasonic cameras. Ncam provides another highlight with a unique presentation on in-camera pre-visualisation for drama and film VFX work.
- The complexity and scale of visual-effects and post productions have sky-rocketed; with this being the year of HDR, real-time workflows and outstanding audio amidst a backdrop of increasing competition, the Business of Production Theatre will inform and inspire our Post Production and Visual FX audience through practical demos, grades, and expert keynotes.
Broadcast & Workflow Technologies
IT-based workflow solutions utilising IP, cloud and AI-based technologies, Media Asset Management and OTT services are changing not only distribution and workflow processes but entire business models and strategies. BVE’s seminar programme and product solutions showcase will help visitors understand and embrace the technical changes transforming the world of broadcast and connected media.
Visitors can hear from the innovators and leading experts in the field of workflow technologies and broadcast engineering:
- As digital democratisation gains momentum, the Techflow Futures Theatre will inform and inspire BVE’s core broadcast and production audience by showcasing innovative workflow technologies and techniques that are enabling collaboration, agility and lower cost production. It will unveil real-world examples of technological adoptions, from technologies like IP, cloud and HDR to AI, through expert panels and keynotes.
Audio, Post-Production & Visual Effects
Today’s audiences demand high-quality immersive experiences that stimulate their senses. BVE will showcase pioneers from across audio, post-production and visual effects working hand in hand to create compelling content that is changing the way we craft and tell stories.
In audio, the BVE community will gain the opportunity to learn and the latest audio technologies and solutions:
- This year brings an all-new closed environment, the Post Dome, offering a space without background distraction. It will present how to create high-quality immersive experiences by going behind the scenes of leading projects, deconstruct workflows and explore the post-production and visual effects technologies and techniques that are enabling greater artistic control.
For 2019, BVE has created a new app involving an updated matchmaking service, the full seminar programme and show map — available from 2019.