IBC 2019: LiveU to highlight 5G-enabled tech as it prepares for Tokyo 2020
LiveU will showcase a portfolio of 5G-enabled devices for live newsgathering and sports coverage at IBC 2019 as it prepares for the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo.
Both portable transmission units and remote production solutions will be displayed on the company’s stand in Amsterdam.
LiveU says it is already gearing up to support hundreds of customers with its HEVC technology in Tokyo next July.
The company’s IBC highlights include:
HEVC 4K field units
- LiveU’s flagship LU600 4K HEVC portable transmission solution, offering high bandwidth efficiency, and the HEVC 4K-SDI edition which facilitates professional 4Kp50/60 streaming for top-quality production, supporting VR and 360 applications.
- The LU300 HEVC unit for live streaming. At an “attractive” price-point, the LU300 HEVC solution is tailored to customers requiring a smaller field unit for high-quality video-on-the-go. The LU300 can also serve as a standalone video encoder or be used as a LiveU DataBridge mobile hotspot for general connectivity in the field.
- The professional 1U 4K HEVC rackmount, LU610 4K HEVC for vehicles and fixed locations. This encoder, based on LiveU’s LU600 4K HEVC technology, offers a hybrid solution for SNG trucks, point-to-point and point-to-multipoint distribution.
Remote production applications for sports and live event producers will also be displayed. With the precision measurement of end-to-end delay, LiveU’s remote production technology allows more events to be covered with simplified logistics and reduced costs. On show will be:
- Tally Light – bringing the ease of the live studio experience to the field, this important new tool enables field reporters to know instantly when they’re live on air via a red-light indicator connected to a LiveU unit.
- LiveU Graphics – a professional cloud production tool for adding dynamic graphics to live streams. Users can select from ready-to-use graphic templates or create their own design and stream directly to any social media or CDN.
- AV sync and support for up to 8 audio channels
- LiveU Control – enabling simple remote control of LiveU units via smartphones
Story-centric cloud AI & more
Driving meaningful content, LiveU AI offers a story-centric AI service for global newsgathering. The complete service, powered by newsbridge, offers a set of contribution and AI-based video indexing tools for enriching, searching and accessing live or file-based content.
Operating within the LiveU Central cloud management platform, LiveU AI will enable editors to search and find their required footage quickly, easing their daily workload and potentially making real-time production more efficient.
LiveU will also be demonstrating its new LiveU Central feature, Single Sign On (SSO) for secure user management, integrated with the customer’s active directory or Identity as a Service (IDaaS).
IP video distribution
LiveU Matrix is LiveU’s next-generation IP video distribution platform was recently selected by CBS Newspath.
Matrix provides a highly efficient content curation service, empowering newsroom managers to quickly and easily give hundreds of affiliates unparalleled access to live feeds from LiveU units in the field and other sources without any interruption, additional resources, or expensive fees. Matrix is also considered to be ideal for sports producers looking to live stream events easily and cost-effectively to multiple destinations and TV stations.