IBC 2019: Ross Video updates production switchers, connectivity solutions, and virtualisation tools
The doors have now opened on IBC 2019, where Ross Video (stand 11.C10) is showing complete end-to-end live production solutions for a broad range of applications:
Acuity V9.1 – the flagship Acuity production switcher receives a new update that adds:
- Direct integration with the Ultritouch hardware panel, centralizing router and switcher AUX control into a single 2RU touch screen interface.
- TSL Bus Messaging, to enable external control systems to identify what sources, keyers and buses are active, allowing for more data analytics.
- Additional features that improve the Acuity switcher’s compatibility with OverDrive (Ross Video’s production automation system) and add additional Sony and JVC cameras to the list of supported models
Carbonite Ultra V3.0 – IBC sees the Carbonite Ultra production switcher upgraded to include a new dedicated single-channel clip player for playout of compressed MPEG-4 AVC media directly from a connected USB-media drive. Users can load media clips of any length on to a USB or thumb drive, plug it into Carbonite Ultra and playback these full clips as part of their production – a Ross-exclusive feature, not available on any other production switcher! V3.0 also enables the Carbonite Ultra to support bi-directional conversion between SDR and a variety of HDR formats such as HLG, PQ, and S-LOG3, as well as expanding the list of supported RossTalk commands to provide enhanced control integration with XPression.
Graphite V2.3 – another new software update for the Graphite integrated production system (comprising a real Carbonite switcher, real XPression graphics and the RAVE audio engine) adds additional PC audio channels to the product, enabling customers to use computer generated audio sources like audio from a PowerPoint presentation and/or add a Dante or AES 67 virtual sound card to get Audio-over-IP into the system.
Ultrix V4.0 – A new firmware version of Ultrix, Ross Video’s ground-breaking routing/multiviewing/AV processing platform, is launched at IBC and includes the following:
- Additional support for IP integration
- Control enhancements to support Ultricore BCS Broadcast Control System, Ultricore IP NMOS discovery, registration and connection management license for Ultricore BCS and Ultritouch 4 (see below) touch screen control panel.
Ultritouch 4 – a brand new, larger 4RU version of the Ultritouch 2RU facility monitoring and control touchscreen panel, that now includes a headphone jack, front-panel USB port for peripherals and optional VESA mount kit.
XPression Virtualization & IP – a must see demonstration for IBC 2019 sees Ross showcase SMPTE ST2110 streaming graphics from a VMware vSphere hosted virtual machine on data center compute hardware featuring Mellanox networking and NVIDIA GRID GPU virtualization.
Gator Toolbox – a new openGear card UHD Up/Down/Cross Converter and Motion Adaptive Standards (frame rate) Converter. It features proc amps, color correction, region of interest, SDR/HDR and more. With up to 10 Gators in a single openGear frame, Gator packs the most density in signal conversion in a fully featured one card solution.