NewTek enters slo-mo market
NewTek has started shipping its 3Play 820, a 10-channel (eight-in, two-out), slow motion system that supports the simultaneous display, recording, and instant replay of up to eight video streams.
Beta testers have been pleased with the system, which the company says is targeted at sports broadcasters, leagues, teams and schools and presents an affordable option to deliver instant replay and slow motion for broadcast, webcast, arena scoreboard displays. Current price in the Uk as a guide is £31k plus VAT.
“Running replay with the NewTek 3Play 820 has raised our production to new levels, while bringing down the stress level for our tape operators,” says John Powell, NewTek beta tester and event producer for Turner Sports. “The system gives us the ability to recall an event, instantly; run multiple replays at a time, with dissolves in between each angle; and never miss a single frame of video, from any input. It’s great for even the most intense live production.”
Utilising proprietary NewTek IsoCorder technology, the eight-input, two-output 3Play 820 offers “revolutionary” price-performance value, and retails at a fraction of the price of current four-input, two-output devices on the market. The system includes an intuitive control surface, giving replay operators hands-on control of every input. In addition, the ability to connect to any switcher provides flexibility for all production environments.
Here’s the company’s list of benefits:
- 10-channel slow motion instant replay server supports simultaneous, continuous recording from up to eight sources, with two fully independent playout channels
- World-class, interpolated slow motion delivers smooth playback, and ensures still frames are free of ghosting or blurring
- Full support for a vast range of video formats and frame rates
- A second display may be used as an ISO monitor bridge, including Heads Up Display (HUD)
- Easy import and export of a wide variety of popular media file types
- Multiple playlists, including transitions, sound tracks, and more
- Linear timecode (LTC) support for synchronized capture of live action and efficient post production
- Capture content from live video inputs to the destination drives of choice, with support for writing a single channel to two simultaneous drives for fail safety, when required
- Compact 4U rack mount design includes an always on-air, multi-tiered fail-safe system and redundant hardware
- Premium hardware control surface