NewTek launches new pro video connector
NewTek has announced the availability of the Connect Spark Pro video converter, a product described as the most flexible way to acquire “beautiful looking” 4K UHD video for IP-based productions.
Connect Spark Pro translates 4K UHD video at up to 60 frames per second directly from a source into an NDI signal for use with any compatible device or software with near-zero latency and without any complex configuration or excessive cabling required. the company said.
Described as portable with a camera-mountable design, the converter includes an HDMI connection, built-in tally lights, support for Power over Ethernet (PoE), and various other features.
“The quality of the picture we’re getting with Connect Spark Pro is simply mind-blowing,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, president and chief technology officer at NewTek.
“What’s even better is that almost every 4K device has an HDMI connector, making Connect Spark Pro ideal for getting 4K signals onto the network quickly. This helps tremendously with cabling, distance, and cost limitations allowing content producers small and large to benefit from the advantages of 4K. Even if you are producing and distributing in HD, being able to leverage 4K cameras gives you better quality and lets you do virtual PTZ pan and scan moves simply and easily.”
Combined with NewTek VMC1 or TriCaster TC1 multi-camera production systems with up to 44 and 16 channels respectively of true 4K/60fps video, Connect Spark Pro “enables the most affordable, end-to-end 4K-production IP workflow on the planet,” according to Newtek.
Features of the Connect Spark Pro include:
- HDMI video input with embedded audio
- IP output via NDI with near-zero latency
- Support for 4K UHD and 1080p video at up to 60fps
- Unicast and multicast transfer modes
- Web-based remote configuration and monitoring
- NDI tally support with built-in tally lights
- Wired Gigabit Ethernet connectivity
- Support for Power over Ethernet (POE)
- Hardware-based FPGA and SoC technology
- Industry-standard, threaded-screw camera mount