Sky Sports becomes first broadcaster to sign UN climate change commitment
Sky Sports has become the first sports broadcaster to sign up to the UNFCCC Sports for Climate Action Framework.
The commitment brings together the global sports community to combat climate change by mapping a clear trajectory and setting standards for verifying emission reporting in line with the Paris Agreement.
Sports teams, organisations and governing bodies around the world are signatories including Formula 1 and The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC). Sky Sports has become the 140th signatory and the first media organisation.
The participants in the Sports for Climate Action initiative commit to adhere to the following five principles:
- Undertake systematic efforts to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Reduce overall climate impact
- Educate for climate action
- Promote sustainable and responsible consumption
- Advocate for climate action through communication