Sony releases latest version of Virtual Production to expand its audience
Sony Virtual Production, a native cloud based service powered by AWS, has had a raft of new features introduced.
The new user-friendly features bring the solution to a wider audience beyond broadcast production, to include businesses and higher education institutions, who are seeking to deliver high quality lectures and announcements.
These new features include:
- Desktop or webcam sharing – Allows users to share desktop or webcam directly as an input source, ideal for including PowerPoint presentations in a live stream.
- Manual clip playback controls – Play/stop/pause controls are in the preview window to allow manual control of the clip player.
- Simple clip playlist – Sequences of clips can easily be accessed from next/previous controls on the clip player, allowing you to prepare a clip running order in advance.
- Support for Microsoft Stream and Twitch – Offers a wider range of streaming platforms through pre-configured outputs, and can support up to 3 simultaneous online destinations.
- “Non-field” Audio Commentary – Enables users to provide audio commentary without needing to be at the venue of the event.
- Automatic shutdown after period of inactivity – The event will be stopped after 10mins of inactivity, to maximise allowance.
- PXW-FX9 camcorder official support using QoS Streaming – A new option for events added to the list of supported Sony camcorders.
The new version now offers a free 30 day trial, including 5 hours of free usage of the tool, with no set up needed.