TC Electronic develops new online loudness resource
Simultaneous with its announcement of free software updates to comply with the ITU’s updating of its international broadcast standard to BS.1770-3, TC Electronic has added an extensive new section to its website designed to explain broadcast audio loudness.
Intended to provide an answer to the question, ‘What is Loudness, and Why Is it Important?’, the new TC resource is organised into several sub-sections, including:
– Introduction to Loudness: explaining the basics in an easy-to-read, easy-to-understand fashion.
– Broadcast Standards: what are the differences between the current standards? And what are the significant details that are important to be aware of as a broadcaster or a deliverer of broadcast content?
– Applications: information about how, where and when to apply the technology in real-world situations.
– Events: rounding up information on TC Electronic-organised loudness seminars as well as in-depth explanatory videos.
– Literature and glossary: explaining loudness terms and enabling access to a wide range of white papers.
The new online resource can be accessed now at https://www.tcelectronic.com/loudness.asp.