“One Billion Dollar Business or just a Cheat?”
This year’s Football Summit 2020 kicks off with a special standalone seminar dedicated to one of the hottest topics on the agenda: eSports.
Be it as a marketing tool or as an investment prospect, broadcasters around the world already air major eSports tournaments on a regular basis. Nevertheless, leading executives in sports business, consumer brands, media and technology still debate the business models behind it. Will eSports help to get access to the most important target group of the next decade: the millennials?
Following a keynote presentation, a panel of experts will discuss how the emergence of eSports, as a global mainstream phenomenon, is driving their own strategies and what this means for leagues, clubs, TV stations and production service facilities. Then the conversation will focus on innovations, workflows and technical requirements for eSports.
Speakers will include:
- Kim Martin Lachmann, Senior Manager Financial Advisory, Sport Business Group, Deloitte
- Simon Eicher, Executive Producer, ESL
- Dennis Gehlen, Chief Executive, TaKeTV
- Daniel von Busse, Chief Operating Officer TV, Sport1
- Michael Haenisch, Chief Executive, Freaks4U Gaming
- Jannik Hülshoff, Director of Partnerships DACH, BeNeLux & CIS, Twitch
- 09.00-09.30 – Networking & Coffee
- 09.30-09.40 – Introductory Remarks
- 09.40-10.00 – Keynote Presentation
- 10.00-11.30 – Panel Sessions
- 11.30-12.00 – Tour of Olympic Stadium (optional)
This event will be in English.
*Subject to change