Networking Event @ Sport Tech 2019
Nursery Pavilion, Lord’s Cricket Ground, Wednesday 22 May 2019
Sponsored by Imagen
17:15 Networking drinks
17:30 Tour of Lord’s cricket ground – optional
19:00 – 19:15 Welcome
- 19.00 Abi Stephens, Sports Presenter and our MC for the evening
- 19.05 Kerry Freeman, Imagen, Sales Executive
- 19.10 Heather McLean, SVG Europe, Editor
19:15 – 19:50 From long wave to digital: Exploring the BBC’s cricket coverage evolution
The BBC’s coverage of cricket is truly holistic, from radio broadcasts in the 1930s to digital in the 2000s and, as of 2020, back to live and highlights coverage on television. In this session with, we find out how the corporation’s coverage of men’s and women’s cricket has developed over the years, taking in the move to digital and the challenges ahead. Moeran and Westbury will also share their experiences on tour with the England Women’s team, their move into cricket broadcasting and what excites them about the coming season.
- Dominique Middleton, BBC Sport, Head of Production for Radio, Digital and Cricket
- Henry Moeran, BBC Sport, Test Match Special Producer
- Isabelle Westbury, Sports Broadcaster and former Middlesex Captain
19:50 – 20:25 The Sticky Wicket of Women’s Cricket: Inside Summer 2019 Women’s Cricket Broadcasting
Women’s cricket is going from strength to strength and this summer fans have both the West Indies Tour and the Ashes to look forward to. Here we talk to the women working to put this showcase of female sportsmanship on our television screens.
- Aoife Murphy, ECB (England and Wales Cricket Board), Broadcast and Media Operations Manager
- Jennie Blackmore, Sky Sports, Production Executive, Cricket
- Angela Gibbons, CTV Outside Broadcasts, Commercial Manager
20:30 – 22:00 Networking Drinks
Registration for the SVG Europe Women Networking Event has now closed.
For any registration enquiries, please contact Livvy Maule-ffinch
*For details on what is happening during the rest of SportTech 2019 can be found here: Full SportTech 2019 Programme