NeuLion Powers Next-Generation Video Experience
NeuLion (Booth SU9617) has announced support for secure end-to-end 4K streaming using HEVC and MPEG DASH.
The addition of HEVC and MPEG DASH support not only enables pay-TV operators and OTT services to securely stream live video content to multiple platforms, including Web, iOS, Android, Smart TVs, and other devices but also empowers the entire ecosystem of content producers, technology providers, distributors, and consumers by delivering synergy to consumer electronics (CE), OTT, and TV Everywhere service providers and the DivX MainConcept value chain. Additionally, for the first time, the NeuLion digital platform and MainConcept solutions will ensure that consumer devices are UHD-ready by leveraging DivX CE playout and security embedded technology.
“As digital content continues to be delivered through OTT services and as operators continue to embrace TV Everywhere on multiple screens, NeuLion will provide content-rights holders Ultra HD/4K live and on-demand video delivery and monetization to any consumer device,” says CEO Dr. Kanaan Jemili. “This new capability empowers our content partners — like the NBA, NFL, NHL, Millicom, World Surf League, Univision, UFC, Rogers Media, and others — to deliver a premium live-streaming experience at up to 4K resolutions, which will be a key driver for live and on-demand OTT video delivery.”
Says Univision Deportes President Juan Carlos Rodriguez, “NeuLion is powering the next generation of video experiences. As we evolve our sports content to Ultra HD video, we have also extended our relationship with NeuLion to power all of our live sports across our U.S. fan base.”
Benefits of the NeuLion next-generation video experience for consumer-electronics manufactures and content owners include the following:
- NeuLion expands its best-in- class video technology with UHD support, 4K streaming, H.264, HEVC, HLS, MPEG DASH, Security and DRM, live and on-demand delivery, and Web, iOS, and Android support, plus deep integration with major CE suppliers.
- NeuLion HEVC technology will compress broadband Mbps streams and files by 30%-40%, making digital distribution more efficient.
- NeuLion’s implementation of MPEG DASH solves the complexities of Ultra HD-content distribution to multiple devices by making streaming support seamless on all devices.
- Device certification with DivX helps improve the digital video playback experience for consumers and reduce issues tied to supporting different standards, file formats, codecs, containers and features.
- Hollywood-approved DivX DRM security for SD, HD, and 4K video is supported across the ecosystem (devices, software, and video services), enabling secure video distribution and high-quality streaming playback across multiple screens, including Android, iOS, Web, PCs, Smart TVs, and set-top boxes.
- The NeuLion Digital Platform reduces complexities for content-rights holders, speeds OTT and TVE implementations to market, and drives new revenue across hybrid approaches that are direct to consumer and through pay-TV affiliates.
The NeuLion DivX certification program allows NeuLion IC and OEM partners to quickly bring to market mobile and CE products that support high-quality playback and streaming. To date, more than 1 billion consumer devices shipped from multiple major CE brands have the DivX DRM embedded at the chip level.