Football Summit 2020: Katharina Kleinfeldt to host 18 June online event
Sky Germany’s Katharina Kleinfeldt will be the host for SVG Europe’s Football Summit 2020 which takes place online on Thursday 18 June at 3pm UK time.
The Sky Sport News HD and Handball Bundesliga Konferenz presenter will open proceedings and guide delegates through the specially convened virtual event which will explore how sports broadcasters are attacking the re-started football season and beyond as matches are played behind closed doors and with strict health and safety regulations in place.
Kleinfeldt has been at Sky for four and a half years, in various roles.
The Football Summit will cover what is happening in the German Bundesliga, Poland’s Ekstraklasa, Spain’s La Liga, the English Premier League and Italy’s Serie A, and explore how the situation might evolve in the future.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Tim Achberger, Sportcast, Head of Innovation & Technology Management
- Laurence Cawsey, Sky Sports, Senior Director
- Dante De Iulio, Sky Italia, Sport Production and Channel Management Director
- Jamie Hindhaugh, BT Sport, Chief Operating Officer
- Jena Mihalovic, Sky Sports, Project Manager
- Seamus Neary, Sportcast, Executive Assistant
- Emili Planas, Mediapro, Chief Technology Officer and Operations Manager
- Kevin Ramsey, Sky, Director of Studios, Sky Production Services
- Marcin Serafin, Ekstraklasa Live Park, Chief Operating Officer
- John Turnbull, NEP UK Broadcast Services, Deputy Managing Director
- How to add atmosphere and emotion in empty stadiums
- Crowdsourcing, data and fan interaction
- Pre and post-match presentation – satisfying the demand, adding a ‘wow’ factor
- The role of remote production in the short and long-term
- Working safely (and hygienically) inside the stadium and compound
- Sharing resources and crew
- Dealing with the live sports bottleneck
It will also feature various presentations from relevant technology providers, highlighting how their systems, services and innovations can support media companies, clubs and leagues when broadcasting live football behind closed doors.
Football Summit 2020 will be streamed live and will include various opportunities to ask questions of speakers. An accompanying Zoom ‘watch along’ will be arranged in order to allow delegates to share experiences and discuss the subject matter.
Access to all aspects of Football Summit 2020 follows the same principle as our regular events which are open to qualifying members and SVG Europe sponsors only.