Further £1 million of Arena TV assets to go to auction on 4 May
Following on from a successful first auction of £8 million worth of Arena TV assets earlier this year, a further lot estimated to be worth around £1 million is going up for auction.
Capital asset valuation, management and used equipment sales company, Hickman Shearer and asset disposition company, CA Global Partners, have announced the follow-up sale of Arena TV assets in a bid to repay the disgraced company’s creditors.
The February auction involved over 3,000 lots, from outside broadcasting trucks to cameras, lenses, and hundreds of kilometres of cabling, creating an unprecedented opportunity for TV production companies to acquire valuable equipment at a time when primary market prices were on the rise.
The new sale, conducted via a live webcast on 4 May, will conclude the Arena assets dispersal, offering a significant holding of further equipment not previously released. It includes cameras, lenses, grip, an OB trailer, tenders and outside broadcasting production gear.
Tim Chapman, managing director of Hickman Shearer, said: “Recovering the value of assets in as effective and timely a manner as possible on behalf of creditors is a vital aspect of any administration process like this. The results from our February dispersal, which went considerably over estimate, show that the modern auction process is an excellent way of achieving this.”
CA Global Partners, which operates a live online bidding system with global reach, registered more than 850 bidders from over 50 countries for the February auction series.
“We anticipate just as much enthusiasm for the offering this time around,” said Dan Main, EMEA director. “The quality of the equipment and professionalism of the teams that looked after it is second to none, and it is extremely rare to see equipment of this standard available at auction.”
Interested parties can receive updates by signing up at the arenatvsale.com.
The full list of equipment on offer on 4 May is:
- Grass Valley LDX 86N 4K cameras (6)
- Sony HDC 3500 cameras (2)
- Sony HDC 2500 cameras (5)
- Plus multiple additional cameras, viewfinders, adapters and converters
- Canon UJ86x9.3B IESD-SB UHD Digisuper 86 Lens (2)
- Canon UJ27x6.5B IESD-SB UHD Digisuper 27 Lens (2)
- Canon XJ72 x 9.3B DigiSuper 72 XS Lens (2)
- Canon XJ86x9.3B IE-II IESD-SB HD Digisuper 86 II XS Lens (1)
- Canon HJ11ex4.7B IASE Lens (3)
- Canon HJ14x4.3B Lens (2)
- Canon CJ12ex4.3B Lens (1)
- Canon CJ20ex7.8B IASE S Lens (4)
- Canon CJ24ex7.5B IASE S Lens (1)
- Vinten Vision 250 Tripod
- Vinten Vector 700 Head
Audio & Talkback
- Riedel Artist 128 Frame and talkback panels
- Genelec Speakers
- Bel and TSL rack mount Audio Monitoring Units (AMU)
- Lexicon and Dolby audio processing equipment
- Motorola Radios and chargers
Signal Processing & Glue
- ProBel Aurora, Cygnus and Sirius Routers
- Additional units from Evertz, Axon, Grass Valley and AJA
Vision & Video Monitoring
- Sony MVS800 Vision Mixer
- Vutrix, Panasonic and JVC video monitors
- Vutrix Multiviewers
- Marshall Multiviewers
Outside Broadcast Units and Tenders
- Gerling double-expanding OB articulated trailer (2008) – sold rack-ready
- Donbur 9.8m11 tonne (2001) and Crane Fruehauf 13.8m 32 tonne (1998) tender trailers