Winter Sports Summit: ORF’s Michael Koegler to shine a light on Kitzbühel alpine ski race coverage
ORF head of directors Michael Koegler will discuss TV coverage of the 2021 Hahnenkamm Races in Kitzbühel during SVG Europe’s Winter Sports Summit next month (11 February).
The races, which take place on what is described as “the world’s most notorious, dangerous, blood-curdling downhill course”, were captured purely for television this year because of COVID restrictions.
During Winter Sports Summit, Koegler, in conversation with Eurosport commentator David Goldstrom, will outline the challenges that he and the production team faced and how they were overcome, and detail the techniques and innovations used to capture the action and tell the story of each race.
The 81st Hahnenkamm World Cup Races took place in Kitzbühel between 19 and 24 January 2021.
The Winter Sports Summit (11 February 2021, 14:00 UK time) will see experts in producing and distributing coverage of sports such as skiing, biathlon and rallying discuss the evolution of their workflows, outline new creative and production techniques and highlight the tools that can transform the winter sports viewing experience.
Also appearing at Winter Sports Summit will be:
- Dieter Backx, EVS, Markets Manager
- Aurelie Gonin, Producer, Live director, Camera Operator and Editor
- Bevan Gibson, Euro Media Group, CTO
- Nadezhda Gretskaya, Slomo.tv, Global Sales Manager
- Åsa Edlund Jönsson, SVT, Head of Sports
- Robert Kis, TV Skyline, Managing Director
- Robert Oszvald, Vidi, Director of Event Services
- Florian Ruth, WRC, Director of Content and Production
- Peer Seitz, Infront, Head of Production
The online event will be hosted by Eurosport commentator David Goldstrom who has worked on eight Winter Olympics, including Pyeongchang 2018, as well as the Winter World Cup Ski and Ski Jumping season along with the major canoeing, rowing weightlifting and equestrian championships.
To find out more and to register visit: Winter Sports Summit.