Envivio to Showcase HEVC, Ultra HD, and More
Envivio (booth #SU6202), a provider of software-based live and on-demand multi-screen video processing solutions, will feature a variety of advanced technology demonstrations, including HEVC (H.265) compression and Ultra HD (4K) television.
At NAB, Envivio will introduce new products and showcase new developments in next-generation software-based video processing that optimize the convergence of traditional TV and multi-screen services. Envivio is also making it possible for service providers to further enhance the multi-screen experience with additional capabilities for personalization, time-shifting and ad insertion on mobile devices.
Visitors to Envivio booth #SU6202 will be able to experience a range of advanced solutions, including:
- An Ultra HD 4K technology demonstration
- HEVC HDTV video compression, enabling up to 50 percent bit-rate savings while preserving video quality
- HEVC video streamed to a tablet in MPEG-DASH format
- TV Anytime capabilities including applications such as Catch-up and Start-over TV, highlights creation, ad insertion and nPVR
- Introduction of a new product that further personalizes the multi-screen user experience
- High efficiency MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) statistical multiplexing
- Envivio True Motion Experience, a new technology for high-quality streaming in MPEG-4 AVC format to connected TVs
- Video packaged by Envivio Halo network media processor in the Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) format, protected by Adobe Access
Envivio CEO Julien Signès will also participate in a discussion titled “Engaging with the Connected Consumer” at a breakfast event hosted by technology partner Verimatrix on April 9.
“At this year’s NAB show we will introduce some very exciting and innovative new technologies,” said Julien Signès, Envivio’s president and CEO. “Envivio continues to lead the way in next-generation technologies such as HEVC and Ultra HD, and we are also enabling our customers to take the multi-screen experience to the next level with advancements that facilitate personalization and monetization.”
More than 300 content and service providers around the globe have selected Envivio software-based video delivery solutions to power their TV and multi-screen services.