Telos Alliance audio resource centre supports Dolby Atmos and next-generation audio
Telos Alliance’s audio resource centre boasts a full line of audio solutions for broadcasters through its Linear Acoustic and Minnetonka Audio products.
The line up is designed to aid broadcasters to deliver immersive audio experiences for viewers, as well as providing solutions to Dolby Atmos and next generation audio (NGA) workflows, which the company claimed are growing more complex as features are introduced and technology matures and evolves.
Made up five products, the audio resource centre includes the following:
- Linear Acoustic UPMAX Immersive Soundfield Controller (ISC): upmixes stereo or legacy surround formats to immersive in preparation for encoding by any codec supporting immersive audio, including Dolby Digital Plus JOC or Dolby AC-4 and MPEG-H for ATSC 3.0/next gen TV transmission.
- LA-5300 Broadcast Audio Processor: allows you to get on the air quickly with ATSC 3.0 audio. It includes upmixing, loudness control, audience measurement watermarking, monitoring, and the transmission of Dolby Atmos content through Dolby AC-4 encoding.
- LA-5291 Professional Audio Encoder: designed for the production of live Dolby Atmos content using the Dolby Digital Plus JOC codec, and facilitates the transport and distribution of Atmos content to viewers via cable, satellite, over the top (OTT), and streaming platforms.
- Minnetonka AudioTools Server: Atmos toolkit for file-based workflow orchestration, including Linear Acoustic ISC for upmixing stereo or legacy surround formats to immersive audio, Dolby Digital Plus JOC encoding, and MPEG-H encoding for ATSC 3.0/NextGen TV applications.
- Linear Acoustic Authoring and Monitoring System: authors and manipulates the metadata used to help create immersive and personalised audio for ATSC 3.0/NextGen TV transmissions using the MPEG-H codec.
The company stated that with these products, Dolby Atmos and NGA experts will able to create immersive experiences for viewers without the struggle of keeping up with the new technology and feature releases.