Loudness Summit: where are we now – and where are we going?
The annual Loudness Summit organised by Broadcast & Audio Series – an organisation dedicated to developing educational and networking events for the broadcast and professional audio industries – will take place at the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) in London on 7 December.
During the event, attendees will analyse, debate and discuss the latest technologies, innovations, industry standards, as well as important issues affecting loudness in production workflows and delivery. The summit will be chaired by Florian Camerer, senior sound engineer at ORF & PLOUD, and feature presentations from a variety of senior industry figures, including:
• Tim Carroll, president and founder, Linear Acoustic: ‘Loudness at the Consumer End: “We’ve Done Everything Right: Why Is It Still Wrong?”’
• Simon Tuff, principal technologist, BBC: ‘Case Study: “The Wimbledon Experiment” – BBC & Fraunhofer’
• Thomas Lund, HD development manager, TC Electronic: ‘Loudness Normalization for Music, iPods, and Mobile’
• Andrew Mason, senior research and development engineer, BBC: ‘Standards: R 128, A/85. Are They Different?’
• Peter Schut, CTO, Axon: ‘The M-Word (Metadata)’
• Mark Pascoe, senior technical marketing manager, Broadcast Group, Dolby: ‘Loudness in a Multiplicitous World’
• Peter van Everdingen, broadcast and audio consultant, Delta Sigma Consultancy: ‘Loudness in Distribution: The Safety Net’
• MC Patel, CEO and founder, Emotion Systems: ‘Challenges in Implementing Loudness’
• Felix Krueckels, senior product development engineer, Lawo AG: ‘Loudness Work in Live Productions Like Sports; Case Studies, Experiences, Upmix, Downmix’
• Florian Camerer, summit chairman and senior sound engineer at ORF, EBU-PLOUD, & VDT: ‘Loudness Normalisation: Misunderstandings, Dangers, Pitfalls’
The summit is supported by the following industry organisations: European Broadcasting Union (EBU-UER), Digital TV Group (DTG), Verband Deutscher Tonmeister (VDT), IPS, and Fraunhofer IIS, and sponsored by Dolby, Linear Acoustic, Axon, Emotion Systems, Minnetonka Audio Software, NUGEN Audio, TSL Professional Products Ltd., Studer and HHB. Media partners include IBE, CSI, Broadcast Tech and proaudio.de.
Early-bird reservations are still available at a discounted price. More information is available by contacting Martin Davies at mart[email protected] or by phone at +44 (0) 208 886 2323.