NextRadioTV news and sports service RMC announces new app
RMC, the news and sports radio service operated by NextRadioTV, has launched a new update of its RMC Sport application. This multisport app will allow all French fans to access the latest news and results of their favorite sports and competitions, including football, rugby, tennis, cycling, basketball, Formula 1, motorsports, handball, judo, winter sports, Euro 2016 and the Olympics.
With growing audience success thanks to its popular sports shows, RMC wanted to reinforce its presence on digital platforms with a new app update in order to offer exclusive features to every listener, and permit them to follow RMC Sport everywhere with a fine user experience.
The idea is to increase the loyalty of RMC’s listeners and target at the same time any kind of sports fans. The RMC Sports app is here to give accurate and exclusive information about sports news and personalised content if the user has preferences about certain sports or teams.
Netco Sports was entrusted to undertake the app update. Thanks to its professional expertise in developing mobile apps for the world of sports and media, Netco Sports was able to develop a state-of-the-art app that brings the users a host of real-time information and personalised features.
With this new app available on both Apple and Android stores for smartphones, RMC will be able to reach and give an exciting experience to its users with exclusive features such as:
– a new design permitting the user a smooth and intuitive navigation by swiping between the different categories;
– the user will be able to select its favourite team and access a dedicated section with all the news, results and social network posts related to it, in addition to receiving personalised push notifications during the Games;
– all the videos produced by RMC Sport’s editorial team, and all the articles from its ‘Dream Team’ of sports consultants;
– a personalised homepage, whereby the user can choose its home screen by simply typing the ‘home’ button next to any entry of the menu;
– the possibility to save an article to read it later, with a dedicated section in the app to find all saved contents.
In order to simplify the navigation, a tab bar gives access to:
– a livescoring section that allows the users to follow all the games live with comments, stats, rankings and related results;
– the results of all listed competitions;
– the page of its favourite team;
– the user can also have direct access to its push notifications management with the ‘my alerts’ button;
– direct access to live radio with detailed descriptions about the show that is being broadcast, access to podcasts and programme schedules.
Finally, advanced advertising features were implemented in order to maximise the monetisation of the platform, with ad-servers, SDKs and native advertising from the homepage to each section of the app.