Sports TV Awards 2021 opens for entries and adds new audio category
Entries are now being accepted for SVG Europe’s Sports TV Awards which returns for 2021 complete with a brand new category.
The SVG Europe Sports TV Awards 2021, sponsored by Canon, will recognise and honour the outstanding companies, teams and individuals that pushed sports broadcasting and production forward within the 2020 calendar year.
In addition to the five categories from 2020’s awards, this year will also feature a dedicated award for audio innovation and sees the return of the Outstanding Contribution to European Sports Production award.
The full list of categories is:
- Outstanding Production Achievement – Event
- Outstanding Production Achievement – Innovation
- Outstanding OTT or Engagement Experience
- Outstanding Audio Innovation
- One Planet Award for Sustainability in Sports TV
- SVG Europe Women Award for Diversity in Sports TV
- Outstanding Contribution to European Sports Production
For each of the first six awards, the judges will be looking to reward people, organisations and projects, big or small, that have led by example, experimented, taken risks, overcome the challenges of COVID, and achieved results that can contribute to the continuing forward momentum and success of the industry as a whole.
The final award will be presented to an individual who has changed or significantly influenced the nature of sports content creation and distribution within Europe. This award will be chosen by SVG Europe.
“It is likely that most entries will be framed within COVID-19 and the challenges that were overcome. That should make for a really interesting judging process and an exciting ceremony.”
The 2020 Sports TV Awards took place online due to the COVID pandemic. It is hoped that the 2021 ceremony will take place in person.
SVG Europe editor Will Strauss said: “2020 was a huge success and we were blown away by the quality and the breadth of the submissions. This year should be no different but, of course, it is likely that most entries will be framed within COVID-19 and the challenges that were overcome. That should make for a really interesting judging process and an exciting ceremony.”
Discussing the format and location of the ceremony, he added: “We loved holding a virtual ceremony in 2020 but this year, all being well, we hope to bestow the awards at a physical event so that the winners can bathe in the deserved adulation of their peers in person as well as online. We hope to confirm location details soon.”
The SVG Europe Sports TV Awards 2021 are free to enter. The deadline for entries is Monday 7 June 2021. The winners will be announced at the Sports TV Awards ceremony on Thursday 9 September 2021.
To find out more about the Sports TV Awards, the categories, eligibility, entry requirements and to submit a nomination please visit: https://www.svgeurope.org/sports-tv-awards-2021
- Outstanding Production Achievement – Event: World Rugby and IGBS – Rugby World Cup Japan 2019
- Outstanding Production Achievement – Innovation: Sky Sports, Sky Creative Agency, MRMC and Dimension Studio – Sky Scope
- Outstanding OTT or Engagement Experience: DAZN – Streaming the Sports Revolution
- One Planet Award for Sustainability in Sports TV: Sky Sports – #GoZero
- SVG Europe Women Award for Diversity in Sports TV: SVT Sports – Gender-equal sports coverage
Watch the 2020 Sports TV Awards ceremony