Cobalt Digital Adds Fiber to Blue Box Group
Cobalt Digital (Booth N4624) is adding fiber units to its recently released Blue Box Group, a range of throwdown modular bricks. Six versions of Cobalt’s 3G fiber-optic modular solutions have been designed to answer the demand for high-quality, price-competitive signal-conversion equipment.
The Blue Box Group units, pathologically compatible with OG fiber cards, allow analog-audio embed and de-embed and provide 3G (1080p59.94/50) support for HDMI models. Compact, rugged, portable, and easy to use, the converter boxes support SMPTE 425, 292M, and 259M as well as DVB, ASI, and MADI audio on two independent coax-to-fiber paths. Up to six modules can be installed in a single 1RU rack.
The new units:
- BBG-FR fiber-to-coax 3G/HD/SD-SDI/DVB/ASI fiber-optic transport receiver, dual reclocked outputs
- BBG-2FR dual fiber-to-coax 3G/HD/SD-SDI/DVB/ASI fiber-optic dual transport receiver
- BBG-FT coax-to-fiber 3G/HD/SD-SDI/DVB/ASI fiber-optic transport transmitter, reclocked input
- BBG-2FT dual coax-to-fiber 3G/HD/SD-SDI/DVB/ASI fiber-optic dual transport transmitter, reclocked inputs
- BBG-FG 3G/HD/SD-SDI/DVB/ASI fiber-optic transport regenerator, reclocked inputs and outputs
Like all Cobalt products, the Blue Box Group is backed by a 5-year warranty.