Eleven secures WTA rights in Portugal for 2021-2023 seasons
Eleven has secured Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) rights in Portugal for three seasons, from 2021-23. It will broadcast the WTA Finals and WTA 1000 tournaments live across its linear and digital channels, making a total of 10 tournaments a season available to Portuguese tennis fans.
The WTA Tour features the best tennis players in the world, including Naomi Osaka, Serena Williams, Simona Halep and Ashleigh Barty.
Jorge Pavão de Sousa, managing director of Eleven Portugal, said: “We’re delighted to bring top women’s tennis to Eleven Portugal, to further strengthen a content offering that also includes the ATP 250, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, F1 and much more.”
Micky Lawler, WTA president, added: “We are thrilled that the WTA will be part of Eleven’s new broadcast line-up. We look forward to bringing the very best of women’s tennis to the screens of our Portuguese fans.”
The WTA Tournament schedule
- Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, Dubai (UAE), from 7-13 March
- Miami Open Presented by Itaú, Miami (US), from 23 March-3 April
- Mutua Madrid Open, Madrid (Spain), from 29 April-8 May
- Internazionali BNL d’Italia, Rome (Italy), from 10-16 May
- BNP Paribas Open, Indian Wells (US), date to be announced
- Coupe Rogers, Montreal (Canada), date to be announced
- Western & Southern Open, Cincinnati, (US), date to be announced
- Wuhan Open, Wuhan (China), date to be announced
- China Open, Beijing (China), date to be announced
- WTA Finals, Shenzen, (China), date to be announced
In August 2020, Eleven announced plans to build a dedicated Eleven Women content platform, which will bring together the best live action from across women’s sport. Eleven Belgium is offering fans comprehensive coverage of the Belgian Women’s Super League for the next five seasons and Eleven Portugal broadcast the final rounds of the UEFA Women’s Champions League in 2020.