NAB 2016: Adobe Enhances Creative Cloud
Adobe has revealed new features across its Creative Cloud tools for video editing, motion graphics, audio and collaboration.In the next release of Creative Cloud, available in early summer, Premiere Pro CC will add new virtual reality capabilities, including “field of view” mode for spherical stitched media. In addition, thanks to Adobe Stock integration into CC apps, customers are already experiencing productivity increases of 10 times, when adding stock content into creative projects, including video*. In the upcoming release, Adobe Stock will have enhanced connections with CC apps and new workflows will enable Adobe Bridge and Lightroom users to contribute to the Adobe Stock marketplace directly from within the application.
Other feature highlights coming soon to Creative Cloud include:
- Edit immediately during ingest allows Premiere Pro CC users to get straight to work, while importing their video and audio files in the background.
- Powerful proxy workflows in Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Media Encoder CC enable users to easily work with heavy 8K, HDR and HFR media, so editors can switch between native and proxy formats freely – even on lightweight machines.
- Enhanced Lumetri Color tools within Premiere Pro CC adds HSL Secondaries to expand the editor’s toolkit for making color correction and adjustment easier for all filmmakers.
- New video and audio preview engine in After Effects CC delivers superior playback of cached frames for a smooth experience.
- Easier and more efficient Character Animator includes a simplified puppet creation process that enables users to easily tag puppet layers easily and record multiple takes of a character’s movement. Users can animate puppets to respond to motion and trigger animation accordingly.
- New Essential Sound panel in Audition CC enables anyone to mix audio content with professional results.
- Quickly find Adobe Stock assets with new filtered search in Creative Cloud Libraries. Licensed assets in your library are now badged for easy identification, videos are displayed with duration and format information, and saved videos are linked to video previews on the Adobe Stock site.
“There’s rapid change happening in the digital landscape with video now the fastest growing media type across social media platforms and OTT shaking up broadcast and film,” says Bryan Lamkin, executive vice president and general manager, Digital Media at Adobe. “Adobe is transforming the industry with Creative Cloud and Primetime by helping customers create beautiful content to engage viewers and technologies that monetize content that audiences care about.”